How to Apply - Cosmetology, Esthetics and Nail Technology Program
The Cosmetology, Esthetics and Nail Technology programs have departmental requirements for admission.
- Compass reading assessment score of 64 or higher
- ACT score of 19 or higher
- Composition 1 (ENGL 121) with a grade of "C" or higher
- Reading Skills Improvement (RDG 126) with a grade of "C" or higher
- Apply for Admission to JCCC. When your application is processed, you will receive an email that includes your JCCC ID number and login information.
- If you need financial aid for the cosmetology program visit the Federal Student Aid website to apply. Use 008244 as the JCCC school code when you complete the electronic FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The esthetic and nail technology programs are not financial aid eligible at this time.
- Complete the appropriate application. These applications must be printed and mailed - they can not be completed online.
- Mail the application to: Johnson County Community College, Attn: Stephanie Belford, 9780 W. 87th St., Overland Park, KS 66212 or fax it to Stephanie Belford at 913-649-1050.
- A score of 64 or higher on the COMPASS reading exam is required to be considered as an applicant for the program. Visit Testing Services or call 913-469-8500. ext. 3233. You don't need an appointment.
- In addition to the forms, call your high school to send a copy of your transcript in a sealed envelope to Johnson County Community College. It should be sent to: JCCC/AVS Admissions, 12345 College Blvd., Box 41, Overland Park KS, 66210. If you have a GED, make a copy of it and mail it to the above address.
All foreign high school transcripts must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). The Kansas State Board of Cosmetology will not accept evaluations from any other company. Contact ECE directly at 414-289-3400.
If you have any questions, please call Stephanie Belford at 913-469-8500, ext. 3777.