The RPPP is charged with ensuring that:
- Proposed and active research does not present any unreasonable physical, mental, psychological, social, or cultural risk to the research participants.
- Research participants are fully informed of their rights as “research participants.”
- The selection of research participants is fair, unbiased, and of a non-coercive nature.
- The well-being and rights of especially vulnerable populations (i.e. children, individuals with special needs, prisoners, etc.) are safeguarded.
- Proposed and active research abides by current U.S. federal government research guidelines and regulations.