Requesting Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
To Request Accommodations and/or Services
- Provide documentation of disability to Access Services. Documentation requirements vary, depending on disability. Contact Access Services to determine appropriate documentation.
- Make an appointment with an Access Services Adviser to request and determine appropriate accommodations. Services will vary from class to class and are determined on a case-by-case basis. During this meeting, a Service Request Form (PDF) will be completed to start the accommodations process.
- Letters (Faculty Memos) will be provided for you to deliver to your professors. The Faculty Memos inform professors what accommodations will be used in classrooms.
- Deliver Faculty Memos to professors on or before the first day/week of classes and discuss needs/accommodations with each professor.
- Inform Access Services of any schedule changes and/or concerns throughout the semester.