Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Program Requirements
Prior to the class start date, you must:
- Attend an information/orientation session offered one month prior to the start of class, or call 913-469-4446 to schedule an individual meeting.
- Be at least 21 years old for interstate driving.
- Be at least 18 years of age for intrastate driving.
- Have a valid driver’s license from your state of residence.
- Have a valid Commercial Learner’s Class-A Permit (including general knowledge, air brake and combination vehicle endorsement) from your state of residence.
- Sign the drug test release form and pass a drug screen within 30 days prior to the start of class.
- Pass a current Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Complete a criminal background check/motor vehicle record check.