Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Funding Options
Continuing Education Scholarships
The Continuing Education Scholarship Fund provides an opportunity for unemployed, underemployed or dislocated workers to get the training they need to gain meaningful employment in the workforce.
Workforce Partnership Program (WIOA)
Job training costs are paid for eligible job seekers who attend WIOA-approved training programs. This is a type of grant that is available for people who have either been laid off or to people who are having trouble making a living as a result of having no useable skills to help them. This program will help individuals pay for most of their training costs. Call for an appointment and to attend an orientation session.
Workforce Office WIOA
9221 Quivira Road
Overland Park, KS 66215
Erich Ulmer | Cindie Emery | Joe Sharp | Ray Clay
David Brennan, director
Full Employment Council
1740 Paseo Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
As a veteran you are eligible to receive tuition and fees to cover the cost of attending an educational training program. To use your Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits, you must enroll in classes at JCCC and then be certified by the JCCC Veteran Services office.
SER Corporation for Seasonal Farm Worker
If you have been a seasonal farm worker during the past two years you may qualify for assistance with some of your CDL training program fees.
1333 S. 27th St.
Kansas City KS 66106
JCCC CDL Payment Plan
The payment plan charges a $30 non-refundable administration fee for enrolling in the plan. Tuition charges are divided equally into two monthly installments. The first half payment and the $30 fee is due at the time of enrollment. The second payment will be due one month from enrollment date.
How to enroll in the payment plan:
- You will need your JCCC ID number, your JCCC username and your JCCC password. For verification of your information, please call continuing education registration at 913-469-2323.
- Log into MyJCCC.
- Select My Finances tab at the top of the page.
- Select the Login Now, which will bring up a second window.
- Select the Payment Plans tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select CDL Class A Truck Driver Training.
- You will need to provide your bank account or credit card information for the plan. You can change it between payments. Note the dates and amounts that will be charged to your bank or credit card electronically.
- Sign the agreement with the last four digits of your student ID.
- If you don’t understand the agreement, please cancel and email the business office or call 913-469-2567.
- After you sign the agreement, the screen will show the amount you have just paid and you will receive a confirmation email.
The $30 fee is non-refundable after you have enrolled. Select Display Payment Schedule to see how much your payments will be and when they will be charged. After you make the initial down payment, the system will reduce the balance due. The schedule will reflect the amount and the due date for the second installment.
The second installment will automatically come out at 5 a.m. on the scheduled date. You do not need to initiate a payment on the due date. If your account is not paid in full on the last installment date, you will be restricted from using any JCCC payment plan in the future. Once your payment plan is completed, new charges will not be factored into the plan. You will not receive notification when your plan is completed.
Alternative Student Loans
There are a few loan programs available, and you can apply by phone or online. It will take up to 10 days for your loan to be funded, so apply early.