Basic Field Training Officer
This course is for sworn law enforcement officers and associated personnel.
October 3-7, 2016
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
This program is designed to prepare newly selected FTOs and program supervisors for their respective roles. Additionally, the course also incorporates the various components of program development and operation. This information is particularly useful for agencies undertaking the initial implementation of an FTO program or for one wishing to "measure" an existing model against known standards.
Specific subjects covered in the basic course are:
- Key elements of successful field training and evaluation programs
- The role of supervision/management
- The evaluation process: achieving objectivity
- Evaluation and documentation exercises
- Legal, ethical and due process issues
- Remedial training strategies
- Instructional techniques
- Adult learning skills
- Interpersonal communication: using feedback effectively
- Dealing with difficult people
- The termination process
- Educational and behavioral psychology
$400 | CRN 23379
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO 36.