Myra Sandner


The following information comes from the named instructor and should describe characteristics general to courses as taught by this instructor. Individual sections of specific courses will deviate from this description in some respects.

Class Format

Face-to-face sections are moderately paced and are given in the syllabus.  Emphasis is placed on conceptual understanding and multiple ways of representing mathematical ideas.  Computational examples, application, and theory are included.  Students are encouraged to participate and ask questions. Sections taught, schedule, and homework assignments are all on the syllabus.

Online sections  N/A

Resource Use

Textbooks are essential.  They supplement the lecture and most of the homework is from the book. 

Calculators A graphing calculator is required

Online homework  N/A

Assessment

There are graded homework, some small quizzes, cumulative reviews, 4 or 5 unit exams, and the final exam.  Roughly 80% of the grade will be determined by the unit and final exams. Homework, reviews, and quizzes makeup the other 20%.

Attendance Policy

Attendance is essential since this is an accelerated class.  Makeup unit exams are not given after the exam date.  The final exam percentage will replace 1 unit exam if it is better.

Availability

I am available before or after class.