Skip to main content

Criss Tomlin

The following information comes from the named instructor and should describe characteristics general to courses as taught by this instructor. Individual sections of specific courses will deviate from this description in some respects.

Class Format

Face-to-face sections:  Class sessions are typically moderately paced, with emphasis on reaching all learning styles.  Concept and process are important, with discussion, examples and application used for understanding.  Student participation is a natural result of

Resource Use

Textbooks:  Textbooks are essential as a supplement to lecture/discussion as well as access to assigned homework.

Calculators:  Financial calculators are required in Math 120.  In other classes, a scientific calculator will suffice.

Computer software:  In Math 120, MS Excel will be used.  It is available for student use in the Math Resource Center.

Online homework:  N/A


Homework will be assigned and collected at exam time for the material.  Math 120 will have spreadsheet assignments.  Approximately 80% of the grade will be determined by the unit and final exams.  The other 20% will be determined by homework and spreadsheet assignments.

Homework Policy

Homework will be accepted late for one-half credit.

Attendance Policy

Attendance is not a part of grade calculation; instead missing class has natural consequences.  Lack of class attendance results in a lack of knowledge and understanding.  Make-up exams are not given.


I am available before class and after class until all questions are answered.  In addition, I can be reached via email or phone.