Charles Andrews


The following information comes from the named instructor and should describe characteristics general to courses as taught by this instructor. Individual sections of specific courses will deviate from this description in some respects.

Class Format

Face-to-face sections: Anatomy & Physiology, Human Physiology

This course integrates the laboratory portion with the lecture portion. Each week, time will be given to work in small, designated groups to complete exercises from the laboratory manual. These sessions are supervised by the instructor, who works with individuals and groups to answer questions regarding the material. Laboratory assignments will be given on set days listed in the syllabus. Four exams will be administered during the classroom portion of lecture.

Resource Use

Textbooks: Required

Thorough use of the textbook and laboratory manual are a part of this course curriculum. Audio and visual aids are used in class and posted on Desire2Learn as well to accommodate visual learners. PowerPoint presentations are generally not available for student review, to encourage thorough use of the purchased texts.

Assessment

Students are evaluated from both exams and laboratory work. Four exams are given in accordance with the sections of the textbook, totaling 80% of the grade. The remaining 20% of the grade is based on laboratory work; students are evaluated on accuracy and completeness of assignments as well as group participation.

Attendance Policy

Attendance for the lecture portion of the class is optional; however, regular attendance is recommended. Attendance to laboratory sections is mandatory and no points will be awarded to absentees. In the event of a reasonably excused absence, laboratory sections may be done at a later date and tests taken in the Testing Center.

Availability

The instructor is flexible and meets with students by appointment. He is available to meet in person at his office or via electronic communication, e.g., Skype, FaceTime, telephone, etc.