HVAC Tool List
The following supplies are required. These are in addition to tuition and books.
Any basic calculator is acceptable.
Safety glasses - These are mandatory
Safety glasses with side shields are required to be worn during lab activities associated with this course. This is in compliance with accepted eye protection practices and Kansas State Law. Safety glasses must meet American National Standards Institute Z87.1 specifications.
Note: Most prescription eyewear does not meet ANSI Z87.1. Students wearing prescription glasses must:
- provide evidence that existing eyewear meets ANSI Z87.1, or
- wear cover goggles (if allowable) or
- purchase and wear ANSI Z87.1 prescription eyewear
Mandatory hand tools
- 6" or 8" slip joint pliers
- 6" diagonal cutting pliers
- Magnetic nut drivers: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8
- Thermostat screwdriver
- Tape measure
- Razor knife
- 8" or 10" adjustable open wrench
- Refrigeration service wrench
- Refrigeration gauge set with hoses
- Medium tubing cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- Digital stick thermostat
TOTAL: Approximately $170
Optional tools - If your budget allows, the following tools are also useful, but not required.
- 10" curved joint pliers or small pipe wrench
- Lineman pliers
- Compact tubing cutter (IMP)
- Nut drivers: 3/16, 11/32, 7/16, 1/2
TOTAL: Approximately $47