JCCC Honors Symposium
The JCCC Honors Symposium is held each semester and gives students an opportunity to present a paper or project completed in fulfillment of honors requirements.
The symposium is intended to provide students with presentation experience in an informal, relaxed atmosphere, and allow them to share the results of their work with fellow students in the Honors Program, friends, family and faculty.
The Spring 2017 Symposium and Poster Session will be held from 2-5 p.m. on Thursday, May 4, in the CoLab at JCCC, OCB 100.
Listed below is a sample of paper/projects presented at previous symposia:
- A Picture of Bankruptcy: Through the Lens of Kodak by Michelle Wiles
- Energy Efficiency of JCCC Campus Buildings by Donna Sanders
- Compassion, Are You Still There? by Jasin Wang
- One People, One Nation, One Korea by Sulgi Yoon
- Myasthenia Gravis by Marcela de Carvalho
- Molecular Cuisine by Bruna Iacuzzi
- The Influence of Intercultural Exchange on its Participants by Lara Blomberg
- 1968: The Purpose and Effects of Television and Music by Joy Mosier-Dubinsky
- Media in the Hunger Games by Mary Anne Matos
- Gracefully Surrendering the Things of Youth by Travis Conner
- Japanese Textiles: Three Ancient Art Forms by Adrielle Hanes