Honors Admission Requirements
Proof of academic excellence is the first step for acceptance into the JCCC honors program. This includes:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or better*
- ACT composite score of 25, SAT composite score of 1800, or equivalent*
- Recent college coursework with a 3.5 GPA (minimum 12 JCCC credits)
- Planning to complete an associate degree or certificate at JCCC
Students seeking admission into the honors program must complete and submit the honors application and interview with the honors program director. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
*In some circumstances, students may be admitted to the honors program on the basis of either their GPA or test scores if both are not available. Students may be admitted on a conditional basis with full admission based on demonstration of academic excellence.
Students who meet criteria for admission to the honors program may participate in one of three ways:
- Join the honors program, agree to complete requirements, and graduate with honors and a degree. This option entitles you to full access to benefits of the honors program.
- Enroll in an honors section of a course. Enrollment in honors sections requires department approval and an academic or faculty recommendation. Email the honors program with your name and student ID to assess eligibility for honors courses.
- Enroll in one honors contract. A contract is a one-credit-hour extension of a regular course that allows more in-depth investigation of a subject. Admission into the honors program is required to take more than one honors contract. There are a limited number of honors contracts available to students who are not in the honors program; admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.