Honors Admission Requirements
Proof of academic excellence is the first step for acceptance into the JCCC honors program. This includes:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or better*
- ACT composite score of 25, SAT composite score of 1800, or equivalent*
- Recent college coursework with a 3.5 GPA
Students seeking admission into the honors program must complete and submit the honors application and interview with the honors program director. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
* In some circumstances, students may be admitted to the honors program on the basis of either their GPA or test scores if both are not available. Students may be admitted on a conditional basis with full admission based on demonstration of academic excellence.
Students who meet criteria for admission to the honors program may participate in one of three ways:
- Join the honors program, agree to complete requirements, and graduate with honors and a degree. This option entitles you to full access to benefits of the honors program.
- Enroll in an honors section of a course. Enrollment in honors sections requires department approval and an academic or faculty recommendation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and student ID to assess eligibility for honors courses.
- Enroll in one honors contract. A contract is a one-credit-hour extension of a regular course that allows more in-depth investigation of a subject. Admission into the honors program is required to take more than one honors contract. There are a limited number of honors contracts available to students who are not in the honors program; admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.