How It Works
First Day of Class
Please plan to provide prior to the first day of class or bring with you on that day:
- Proof of RN license, whether current, lapsed or inactive.
- Proof of personal health insurance coverage.
- Copy of current CPR certification.
- Copy of current Professional Liability Insurance.
- Health form completed and notarized.
- Completed criminal background check.
- Class size is limited.
- Participants meet two days a week for nine weeks.
- Each week focuses on a different body system. Prior to each class, participants study independently with materials related to that week's subject.
- After a time of review, students participate in patient care scenarios in our state-of-the -art Healthcare Simulation Center.
- Participants will review key psychomotor skills, and practice with equipment and supplies currently used in the clinical setting.
- During the course, participants are expected to pass, with a score of 100%, both a drug and IV calculations exam and a pharmacology exam.
- All course participants are required to complete a set number of days in the clinical setting providing patient care alongside RN Refresher Academy course faculty.
- Nurses who have a license that is lapsed or inactive may be required by the Kansas State Board of Nursing to complete 180 hours in a clinical setting.