Enrollment Tips - AVHO 102
Registration for CNA courses (AVHO 102) begins at 8 a.m. on the Friday after open enrollment begins.
Registration for CNA courses (AVHO 102) begins at 8 a.m. on the Friday after open enrollment begins. To view the specific CNA enrollment date, please see the academic calendar.
If you wish to enroll for a CNA course, we encourage you to prepare in advance to be sure you are eligible to enroll. Due to the high demand for these courses, we anticipate that they will fill up very quickly. Our experience has shown us that students who enroll on the web have a better chance of getting a seat in a CNA course than students who call or come in to enroll. CNA courses are generally completely filled within 10 minutes of enrollment opening.
Here are some tips that can help you prepare in advance for enrolling in a CNA course:
- Make sure that you meet the prerequisite for the CNA course:
- Completion of Composition I (ENGL 121) with a C or better. (See No. 2.)
- Or a score of 65 or higher on the JCCC ACCUPLACER reading test (must have been taken within the past 5 years to be valid)
- For COMPASS reading tests passed in 2016 or in prior years, scores are valid for 5 years from the time taken.
- Or a score of 19 or higher on the ACT Reading test (must have been taken within the past 5 years to be valid).The ACT score must be received and loaded into our system in advance of enrollment.
- If you completed Comp I at another school, you must submit your official transcripts to JCCC far enough in advance for your coursework to be evaluated and loaded into your JCCC student record. If you tested out of Comp I (based on a high ACT score), going directly to Comp II (ENGL122), you may be eligible for a prereq waiver. Contact the Counseling Center at 913-469-3809. If your coursework has not been loaded into your JCCC student record, the online registration system will not be able to verify that you meet the prerequisite for CNA and you will get an error when attempting to enroll.
- The week before CNA enrollment begins, log in to your MyJCCC account and check to be sure you do not have any holds that would block you from enrolling on the web. Resolve any issues necessary and ensure that the hold is removed in advance of the CNA enrollment date.
- Look up the CNA courses on the Credit Class Search in advance and write down the 5 digit CRN’s (course registration numbers) of the classes you are interested in. Be sure to pick alternate sections in case the section you want fills up and you need to try an alternate section.
- On the morning of CNA enrollment, avoid logging in to MyJCCC too early. The MyJCCC portal is set to “time out” students who are logged in and have no activity for a period of time. If you are “timed out” due to inactivity, you may find it difficult to log back in. We advise you to wait until 7:50 a.m. to log in to the system to make sure you are not “timed out” before CNA registration begins at 8 a.m.
- If you decide to attempt to call in or come to the Success Center in person to enroll in CNA, you must be logged out of your MyJCCC account before we can attempt to enroll you.
- Remember, the demand for the CNA courses at JCCC is very high. Many students will not get a seat in spite of being prepared and eligible for the course. So if you miss getting a seat in one of our CNA courses, you may want to take a look at the CNA course offerings that may still be available at other colleges.
If you would like to verify that your transfer coursework or test scores are loaded into our system, feel free to call us at 913-469-3803. We can also assist you with questions about holds you may have on your account.