CNA Additional Costs
Tuition varies according to where you live. See JCCC Tuition and Payment Deadlines for precise information. The number of credit hours for each program is listed below.
CNA - 5 credit hours
CNA Refresher - 1 credit hour
CMA - 4 credit hours
CMA Update - 1 credit hour
Home Health Aide - 1 credit hour
All CNA Refresher, CMA Update and Home Health Aide students' books and supplies are outlined by instructor. The JCCC Bookstore has the lists you need.
All CNA and CMA students must have the following:
- Health Occupations T-shirt - approx. $10
- Gait Belt (available at the JCCC Bookstore) - approx. $10
- Hunter green uniform pants (available at the JCCC Bookstore - no elasticized cuff or denim material) - $15
- White shoes (no canvas, must have enclosed heel or heel strap and no open areas on the toe box)
- CNA and CMA Students Only: Watch with a sweep second hand - approx. $18
Certifications/Insurance (CNA and CMA students only)
- CPR for Health Care Providers certification (if you don't already have it) - approx. $60 through JCCC's continuing education division.
- Current TB skin test (within the last year), or negative chest x-ray.