HPER Indoor Facilities
For information about scheduling or currently scheduled events, or to request a user permit, email Jim Dice, HPER facility and clinic coordinator, or call him at 913-469-8500, ext. 3596.
Basketball Arena/Volleyball Arena, GYM 125
The basketball and volleyball arena is a 2,500 seat facility. The basketball and volleyball arena is reserved for scheduled Physical Education classes, varsity practice/games, or by obtaining a group use permit.
Fitness Center, GYM 103
Multi-purpose Room, GYM 007
The multi-purpose room is reserved for those individuals currently enrolled in a scheduled dance, aerobics or karate class or by obtaining a group use permit.
Sports Conditioning Center, GYM 022
The sports conditioning center is reserved for those individuals currently enrolled in a scheduled weight lifting or strength conditioning class.
Indoor Track, GYM 003A
The indoor track is located in the fieldhouse and consists of six lanes and is 200 meters in length. Eight laps in lane 1 = 1 mile. Lanes one, two and three are used for walking and jogging. Lanes four, five and six are used for speed training. The first three lanes are open for those individuals with a current JCCC student ID, or by obtaining a group use permit. The operating hours are posted at the field house check-in desk, GYM 003.
3 Indoor Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis Courts, GYM 003A, B, and C
The three indoor courts are used for scheduled physical education classes. The tentative schedule will provide a minimum of one court for those individuals with current JCCC student ID, or by obtaining a group use permit. The operating hours are posted at the field house check-in desk, room 003.
6 Pitching/Hitting Cages, GYM 003E
The baseball/softball batting cages are reserved for varsity student athletes or by obtaining a group use permit
Lockers and Locker Room Use, GYM 006 Men/037 Women
The facility has one women's and one men's public locker room for students, staff and faculty.
The tall lockers are for hour use only:
- In the men's and women's locker rooms, a tall locker is located next to four cubicle lockers.
- A student, staff or faculty member will use a tall locker for the hour that he/she is working out. At the end of the workout, the individual will remove his/her lock and leave the tall locker clean for the next user.
- A student, staff or faculty member can complete a request form to check out a cubicle locker for semester use.
- All individuals are responsible for their own locks. You will register your lock when you complete the locker request form.
- The facility also has an additional 200 small cubicle lockers located in the hallway.
- All locks left on the tall lockers will be removed daily.