You have the opportunity to explore numerous degree paths within a one-year transfer program, or a two-year AA degree in Liberal Arts, with an emphasis in Architectural Studies. All of the degree paths transfer to the University of Kansas, School of Architecture Design & Planning. The architecture specific courses have been developed in cooperation with local schools of architecture where students have transferred their creative experiences toward their specific degree or to other national schools of design and architecture.
The one-year transfer program in Architectural Studies can lead into the following degrees:
- Architectural Studies Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Architectural Studies BA with a Master of Urban Planning
- Architectural Studies BA with a Master of Construction Management
- Architectural Studies BA with a Master of Environmental Design
- Architectural Studies BA with a Master of Architecture
- Master of Architecture
The two-year degree path can lead to an Associate of Arts degree, with an emphasis in Architectural Studies, and can transfer into the third year of the Architectural Studies Degree and paths noted above.
General Transfer Information
JCCC maintains over 200 transfer guides with various four-year university partners. A transfer guide is a resource for you to efficiently map out your academic plan.
These guides include course equivalents and general program, transfer and departmental contact information. We update these annually, however we urge you to also check university websites for the most recent transfer information.
We STRONGLY encourage you to meet with a JCCC counselor and an advisor from the respective university. JCCC provides opportunities for you to meet with advisors from four-year universities in the JCCC counseling center.
If you're planning to transfer to a four-year university you should:
- Start the transfer process early and plan ahead
- Be aware of specific GPA and admission requirements for different universities and programs
- Research important dates including application and scholarship deadlines
- Understand specific transfer policies such as how transfer GPA works and Pass/Fail policies
- Meet with a JCCC counselor for more help and information