Enrollment Status and Course Load Policy 311.04
Series: 300 Students
Section: Registration, Assessment, Auditing and Scheduling Classes
Enrollment status at JCCC is defined as either full-time, half-time or less than half-time. Students often need verification of their enrollment status to outside entities for various reasons (e.g., student loans, financial assistance, employer, etc.).
For the fall or spring semester:
- Enrollment in 12 or more credit hours is considered full-time status.
- Enrollment in 6 to 11 credit hours is considered half-time status.
- Enrollment in 1 to 5 credit hours is considered less than half-time status.
For the summer session:
- Enrollment in 6 or more credit hours is considered full-time status.
- Enrollment in 3 to 5 credit hours is considered half-time status.
- Enrollment in 1 to 2 credit hours is considered less than half-time status.
Maximum Course Load
Students who wish to enroll in more than 18 semester hours of credit for a fall or spring semester, or more than 9 hours of credit in the summer must, before enrolling, receive written permission from a JCCC academic counselor and have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average calculated in accordance with the College’s Grading System Policy -314.04.
Revised: 06/16/1994, 01/15/2009, 04/17/2014