Skip to main content
Johnson County Community College
Series: 300 Students
Section: Admission

Immigrant and non-immigrant international students must meet all College admission policies and provide required documentation as found in the guidelines established by the College.

Immigrant and non-immigrant international students are students who are not U.S. citizens as categorized below:

  • Permanent Residents (Green Card) - students who have been granted permanent resident status by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
  • Asylum - students who have been granted legal stay by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under the asylum category.
  • Refugee - students who have been granted legal stay by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under the refugee category.
  • Pending Permanent Resident (Pending Green Card) - students who have applied for resident alien status but who have not yet received adjudication approval.
  • Foreign - F-1 or M-1 visa students who are legally present in the U.S. with an I-20 from JCCC.
    • Students who are of non-immigrant status and requesting a JCCC I-20 must provide documentation of English proficiency and document minimum educational finances and minimum preparatory education as required by federal regulations.
    • All F-1 and M-1 visa students attending JCCC with a JCCC I-20 are required to purchase through JCCC accident, illness, medical evacuation and repatriation coverage, unless a written waiver is granted in the sole discretion of the JCCC Director of Insurance & Risk Management and the International & Immigrant Student Services office because JCCC-provided coverage is unavailable. The College must be able to confirm that the student’s financial sponsor(s) has/have funds available to pay all personal and educational expenses as well as purchase this coverage during all –periods (including during Optional Practical Training) while legally present in the United States with a JCCC I-20.
  • Visa - students who hold a valid U.S. visa, border card or other legal border crossing permission, and a valid passport and I-94 card.
  • Undocumented - students who do not possess a status allowing legal presence in the U.S.
    • Undocumented students will be eligible for the in-state tuition rate under Kansas House Bill 2145 (K.S.A. 76-731a) if they meet the requirements found at HB-2145 Information and Requirements for Undocumented Applicants.

Date of Adoption:
Revised: 01/27/1993, 06/16/1994, 02/15/2001, 08/02/2007, 03/13/2014, 08/17/2017