Faculty Peer Review
The purpose of peer review is to foster cooperation leading to excellence of the faculty at Johnson County Community College (JCCC). In addition, it gives experienced faculty members a voice in faculty employment decisions. Through collaboration, peer reviewers provide instructional, collegial and professional support. The peer review process benefits both the people being reviewed and the reviewers. These benefits offer the faculty the opportunity for growth and success in the college and community.
Peer review goals are:
- to make use of all available resources to enhance teaching.
- to further improve evaluation and achieve higher levels of reliability.
- to employ faculty expertise in reaching the highest academic and professional standards.
- to increase collegiality, mutual professional responsibility and shared decision making.
- to make the best possible employment decisions.
Resources include the Faculty Peer Review Handbook (PDF), Peer Review forms, procedures and panels for peer review. When prompted, enter your full JCCC employee email address and network/email password.
The Peer Review Council (PRC) supports the peer review process and maintains a strong, continuing structure under which the peer review process will grow. The council itself does not participate in any activities related to making comparisons between faculty members. The council itself does not evaluate faculty members nor does it participate in activities related to granting any honors, awards or rewards. However, members acting in other roles may participate in such activities.
All council representatives on the PRC should be actively engaging the candidates and panel members in discussions regarding the process and its timeline and keeping the panel informed of changes to procedures in the Peer Review Handbook.
- interprets the peer review agreement between the Faculty Association and the JCCC administration to the faculty and administration
- mediates as necessary
2014-2015 Peer Review Council
- Chair – Dawn Gale
- PRC Liason – Theresa McChesney
- Secretary – Doug Copeland
- Webmaster – Eve Blobaum
- Dennis Arjo
- Deb Williams
- Jessica Tipton
- Maureen Fitzpatrick
- Barbara Millard
- Rochelle Quinn
- Larry Reynolds
To contact a council member, select Directory.