JCCC Educational Affairs Committee
The mission of the JCCC Educational Affairs Committee is to provide leadership regarding the development, assessment, and evaluation of credit-bearing curriculum to the Board of Trustees.
Educational Affairs is charged with the following :
- Review and evaluate all program/course proposals, modifications and deletions as proposed by faculty and Division Curriculum Committees,
- Review and make recommendations on requests from proposers regarding General Education and Cultural Diversity status of courses.
- Determine best practices for curriculum review at JCCC.
- Utilize the Office of Curriculum and Instruction’s representatives as resources for assessing curriculum as it relates to the requirements of the Kansas Board of Regents,
- Make recommendations based on reports from Faculty, Division Curriculum Committees, and/or Department Chairs regarding the ongoing assessment of existing curriculum.
Each of the eight academic divisions at JCCC has a standing Division Curriculum Committee. These committees play a critical role in the curriculum development, review, and approval processes by making meaningful recommendations which assure quality and relevance of new and existing curriculum to the Educational Affairs Committee. Division Curriculum Committee members collaborate with faculty authors to identify proposals that are in the best interest of the division and the college. They serve as a “front line” in all curriculum matters. In addition, they act as a resource and ally for the Educational Affairs committee. The mission of the Division Curriculum Committee is to maintain the quality and integrity of all curricula housed within its division.