JCCC Retirement Incentive Program Description
FOR THE FISCAL YEAR OF JULY 1, 2016 TO JUNE 30, 2017
All currently employed full-time hourly (benefit eligible) and full-time salaried (benefit eligible) employees who, no later than June 30, 2017, have at least 15 years of full-time employment with JCCC and are either:
- 62 years old, or
- Have 85 points with KPERS,
are eligible to be considered for participation in the JCCC Health Reimbursement Account - Retirement Incentive Program (the “Program”).
An approved Program participant will be provided with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) in accordance with the terms of the Program. The participant’s HRA contribution made by JCCC will be based upon the participant’s accrued and unused sick leave on the participant’s approved departure date, determined as follows:
Sick Leave Hours (1,000 maximum) divided by 2080 standard hours times Current Annual Base Pay = HRA Contribution
The Summary Plan Description for the Johnson County Community College Health Reimbursement Account can be reviewed here: JCCC HRA SPD.pdf
- Submit Application for Participation:
- Eligible employees, other than members of the faculty association, must submit a fully completed Application Form (Retirement Incentive Program Application Form.pdf) to participate in the Program during the period May 2 to May 13, 2016 with a proposed departure date during the 2016-2017 fiscal year (i.e., no later than June 30, 2017).
- Members of the JCCC Faculty Association may submit their request for participation during one of the following time periods:
1. May 2 to May 13, 2016, or
2. September 15 to September 30, 2016
B. Applications Approved: Applications will be approved on a 1st come, 1st considered basis. JCCC, in its sole discretion, may implement a cap on participation and/or approve a departure date other than the one proposed in the Application Form in order to manage participation and/or budget limitations. Once an eligible employee’s participation in the Program is approved, the decision to retire from JCCC shall be irrevocable.
For the Fiscal Year(s) in which this Retirement Incentive Program is in effect, all benefits under the Retirement Notification Award program will be suspended.
1Members of the JCCC Faculty Association should also reference the 2015-2018 Master Agreement with the JCCC Board of Trustees for eligibility and notification requirements associated with participation.