Part-Time Employee/Adjunct Faculty Medical Insurance Options
Below is a brief summary of the health care benefits available for eligible JCCC part-time employees/adjunct faculty who work 30 or more hours per week.
The medical insurance options are made available through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (BCBSKC). You are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resources if you require more information about the options.
- Health Care Benefits for Part-Time Employees - PDF
- Health Benefit Summary for Part-Time Employees - PDF
- Preferred-Care Blue Preferred Provider Option (PPO)
- BlueSelect Plus - Preferred Provider Option (PPO)
- BlueSelect Plus Provider Directory - PDF
Visit the BCBSKC website, www.bluekc.com, to view the status of claims, physician/pharmacy provider directories, and information about changing your primary care physician. Mail order prescription information is available through Express Scripts, www.express-scripts.com. You can also call or email BCBSKC for additional assistance.
You can email the BCBSKC customer service department. Type "Johnson County Community College" in the subject line of your email.
If you're on hold for more than 60 seconds, you'll be given the option to leave a message in the message center.
BCBSKC is committed to responding to members' questions within 24 hours as long as members provide the company with as much information as possible, including:
- Employee name
- Patient name (if same as employee name please indicate)
- Employee certificate number
- Details of the question including name of provider, date(s) of service and any other information pertinent to the question.
- Please indicate how you would like BCBSKC to respond to your question by providing a phone number, a voicemail number or an email address.