Medical Insurance Plans for Eligible Full-Time Employees
Below are brief summaries of the medical insurance plans available through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (BCBS of KC) for eligible JCCC employees. You are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resources if you require more detailed descriptions and information about the plans.
- Blue Care Health Maintenance Option (HMO)
- HMO Away From Home Care Information – PDF
- Preferred-Care Blue Preferred Provider Option (PPO)
- Blue Saver - High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- BlueSelect Plus - Preferred Provider Option (PPO)
- BlueSelect Plus High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- BlueSelect Plus Provider Directory – PDF
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – PDF
- Health Benefit Plan Summary – PDF
- A Healthier You™ Wellness Program – PDF
Visit the BCBS of KC website, www.bluekc.com, to view the status of claims, physician/pharmacy provider directories, and information about changing your primary care physician or to access A Healthier You™. Mail order prescription information is available through Express Scripts, www.express-scripts.com. You can also call or email BCBS of KC for additional assistance.
You can email the BCBS of KC customer service department. Type "Johnson County Community College" in the subject line of your email.
If you're on hold for more than 60 seconds, you'll be given the option to leave a message in the message center.
BCBS of KC is committed to responding to members' questions within 24 hours as long as members provide the company with as much information as possible, including:
- Employee name
- Patient name (if same as employee name please indicate)
- Employee certificate number
- Details of the question including name of provider, date(s) of service and any other information pertinent to the question.
- Please indicate how you would like BCBS of KC to respond to your question by providing a phone number, a voicemail number or an email address.
Additional Phone Numbers
HMO Psychiatric/Substance Abuse Customer Service
toll-free from outside the Kansas City area, 800-528-5763
PPO Psychiatric/Substance Abuse Member Assistance Program (MAP)
Express Scripts (Mail Order Prescription)